This'n That ... Chez Ilona

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Tis a Time to Be Thankful

It isn't a thing to celebrate Thanksgiving in Brazil, although we do have the day in the calendar!  But after living in the States for a long time, this is a holiday I've learned to appreciate.  Especially because there isn't the pressure of gifts or shopping around.  It is almost more Christmasy then Christmas itself.  It is a time for family and gathering, for being thankful for all that we have been blessed with!  And we all have something to be thankful for!...
I'm thankful for family and friends, the atonement of Jesus Christ, for freedom and the liberty we can enjoy in this part of the world, for the abundance of sun and rain, for the abundance of resources we all blessed with, for the beauty of nature I can enjoy around me... all the lush vegetation and beautiful flowers in the midst of which I can feel closer to heaven and feel the loving hand of God!

I don't know how many of you celebrate Thanksgiving, and certainly many are not  even Christians... but I am also thankful for diversity and wish you a good thanksgiving as well... to whatever you might be thankful for.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment



modabakeshop

Moda Bake Shop

sd

Total Pageviews

geo

followers